Teen Entrepreneurs: Get Ready to Fire It Up!
Future teen entrepreneurs are immersed in real-world business planning. Teams identify and design their own solution to solve a need, problem or pain point. Through their participation, youth develop valuable life skills and discover ways to create their own future career while learning that they can make a positive contribution to society. Youth also develop skills to be intrapreneurs within traditional job fields.
Youth in this age group will:
- Identify needs, problems or pain points
- Strategize and develop a solution to a real world problem
- Apply real-world business concepts to develop a business idea using Business Model Canvas.
- Learn basic bookkeeping skills and develop an understanding of debits and credits.
- Develop an understanding of costing and pricing, revenue generation and apply same to business model.
- Create a pitch for their business model .
- Learn basic design skills using Canva, create a Facebook page and learn how to use social media safely to support your business idea.
- Develop employment and life skills including critical thinking, time management, collaboration, and communication while becoming more self-confident.
- Become involved in their local and global community.
- Engage in team activities.
A certificate will be provided to each youth upon completion of the program.
Sessions available: (choose your session from the drop down list)
September 20 – October 11 (Wednesdays from 7-9)
November 4 (Saturday 9-6)
September 26 – October 17 (Tuesdays from 7-9)
September 30 (Saturday 9-6)
September 23 (Saturday 9-6)
October 30 – Nov. 20 (Mondays 7-9)
October 21 (Saturday 9-6)
Locations to be announced.